Could not start the Automatic Updates service - Error 1058
In Windows XP you get the following error message:
Could not start the Automatic Updates service on account name.
Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it
This error occurs when the Automatic Updates service is disabled. To enable it, you should do the following:
- Click on Start, then Control Panel
- In the Control Panel, double click on Administrative Tools; then double click on Services
- On the right hand side of the window that comes up double click on Automatic Updates
- Click on the Log On tab at the top
- Where it says You can enable or disable this service for the hardware profiles listed below, click on the current hardware profile and click Enable
- Click on Apply at the bottom
- Go to the General tab at the top, then click Start, then OK
You should now be able to run automatic updates on the computer.
Has this helped you?
Related Forum Posts
- Sports wood floor maintenance errors
- PC Memory Management error.
- Windows startup error.
- Error during installing windows XP.
- McAfee updating error msg "File SK_det.mcs is corrupt.&
Thanks to SoftStag for contributing this article.