Windows 98FE USB Mass Storage Device Drivers
These drivers offer generic USB mass storage support for the original release of Windows 98, sometimes called Windows 98 First Edition, or 98FE. You should check your version of Windows 98 before installing. Once installed USB mass storage devices should work within Windows 98.
These drivers include generic USB 2.0 controller drivers adding USB 2.0 support for computers that support it.
To install the drivers
- Download and install the Windows 98 Service Pack (35.5Mb)
- Download to your desktop the driver file from the Download section below
- Remove ALL drivers for USB flash drives in Device Manager
- Remove ALL drivers for any USB 2.0 controllers (many have an uninstall option)
- Remove ALL unknown devices from Device Manager
- Run the exe file you downloaded, and follow the instructions, rebooting after installation
- When the computer boots up again, it may detect new USB 2.0 controllers, in which case you may need to reboot again
You should note, that these drivers are generic, and they may not work with some devices. It is also only intended for the English version of Windows 98, although there are some other language versions below. Installing on the wrong version of Windows may cause problems with your operating system. There is no guarantee that they will work with your device, but our experience shows that they work with most without problem.
Please also note that these drivers are not warranted in any way, and no support is offered for them; you use at your own risk. As a precaution, whenever making changes to your operating system, we recommend you do a full system backup. If you do experience any problems, you can always try asking in our forum.
The drivers can be downloaded from the following link:
|Version 3.20 Japanese||nusb320-Jpn-98FE.exe|
|Version 3.1.2 Beta English||nusb312b-Eng-98FE.exe|
|Version 3.1.1 Alpha English||nusb311a-Eng-98FE.exe|
Related Forum Posts
- My Computer see but won't access Flash drive (sloved - BUT)
- Win 98FE Disk Cleanup and Disk Defrag crash.
- windows flash
- Help with flash drive
- USB will ask to format
Has this resolved your problem?