How to unlock locked HSF modems
As you may be aware, some PC manufacturers lock their modems so they only dial certain ISPs. This of course is fine if you want to connect to their choice of ISP. If not, this is how to unlock the modem:
- Download the new HSF driver here
- Unzip the drivers to a folder
- Right click the My Computer icon on your desktop, select Properties, select Hardware, click the Device Manager button.
- Find the modem in the listing, right click the entry, and select uninstall. Confirm the action in the resulting box.
- Reboot your PC.
- On reboot, the PC finds the 'new' hardware, and asks if you want to install it - say yes, and tell the Wizard where to find the drivers (where you unzipped them to earlier).
- That's it. The modem now shows as a Generic. You should now be able to access any ISP or other telephone number.
Has this resolved your problem?